With bright pink icing, covered with mini marshmallows and pretty Dolly Mixtures, these are sure to be a winner at girly birthday parties. Add a candle for an individual cake with a difference.
Makes 12 cupcakes
110g (4oz) butter or margarine
110g (4oz) caster sugar
2 medium size eggs
75g (3oz) self-raising flour, sieved
2-3 drops Dr. Oetker Natural Vanilla Extract
Dr. Oetker Baking Cases
Dr. Oetker Pink Food Colouring
Dr. Oetker Mini Mini Marshmallows
Selection of Dolly Mixture sweets
Dr. Oetker Tapered Candles
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Place the baking cases into a cupcake tin.
2. Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in the eggs and the vanilla extract. If the mixture starts to curdle, add a little flour. Fold in the remaining flour with a spoon.
3. Place spoonfuls of the mixture into the baking cases and bake for 15-20 minutes until well risen and firm to the touch.
4. Remove from the oven and leave to cool on a cooling rack.
5. Mix icing sugar with a little water and a couple of drops of pink colouring to make a glace icing.
6. Ice the cakes and immediately decorate the cupcakes with marshmallows and dolly mixtures, topping with a birthday candle.