100g (4oz) butter, softened
100g (4oz) light brown sugar
2 tbsp well flavoured honey
1 egg yolk
175g (6oz) plain flour
1 teasp Dr. Oetker Baking Powder
50g (2oz) porridge oats
75g (3oz) dried cranberries
A few drops Dr. Oetker Natural Almond Extract
1. Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4/180°C/350°F or 160°C for a fan assisted oven. Line 2 large baking sheets with baking parchment.
2. Beat together the butter and sugar until pale and creamy. Stir in the honey and egg yolk.
3. Sieve over the plain flour and baking powder and stir in along with the oats, cranberries and almond extract.
4. Divide into 16 walnut-sized pieces and roll each into a ball. Space about 7cm (3 inch) apart on the prepared baking sheets and bake for about 10 mins until just firm and lightly golden.
5. Leave to cool for 5 mins before transferring to a wire rack to cool.