Makes 10-12 slices
100g (4oz) butter
300g pack Dr Oetker Milk or Plain Chocolate Flavour Cake Covering
1 tsp Dr Oetker Natural Vanilla Extract
200g pack chocolate chip cookies, crushed into small pieces
100g (4oz) glacé cherries, chopped
100g (4oz) sultanas
Dr Oetker Chocolate Flavour Strands
1. Line a 450g (1lb) loaf tin with a double layer of clear food wrap so that it overhangs the sides of the tin.
2. Put the butter in a saucepan. Break up the Scotbloc into squares and add to the saucepan. Heat very gently, stirring, until the butter and Scotbloc have just melted together.
3. Remove from the heat, stir in the Vanilla Extract, cookies, glacé cherries and sultanas, making sugar all the pieces are thoroughly coated.
4. Spoon into the prepared tin and press down well with the back of the spoon. Sprinkle with Chocolate Flavour Strands.
5. Allow to cool completely then cover the top loosely with the overhanging clear food wrap and chill for at least 2 hours until firm and set.
6. To serve, gently pull on the clear wrap to remove the loaf from the tin. Discard the clear wrap and stand on a board. Using a large sharp knife, cut into slices – make sure you get an adult to help with this. Store the remaining slices, covered, in the fridge for up to a week.