Makes 10-12 servings
125g (4oz) butter or margarine
55g (2oz) caster sugar
180g (6oz) plain flour, sieved
2-3 drops Dr. Oetker Natural Vanilla Extract
100g (3oz) Dr. Oetker Continental Milk Chocolate
1 pack of Dr. Oetker Chocolate Hearts
1. Heat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas 5.
2. Cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Gradually stir in the flour and the Natural Vanilla Extract to form a smooth paste.
3. Gently press the mixture into square tin and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until pale-golden brown.
4. Remove from the oven and leave the cool on a cooling rack.
5. To decorate, melt the Continental Milk Chocolate by breaking into pieces in a heatproof bowl. Place the bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water. Allow to melt then remove from the water.
6. Using a spoon, drizzle the melted chocolate in lines on the shortbread and place the Chocolate Hearts on top.
7. Place in the fridge to cool and cut into rectangles to serve.