These are a great after dinner treat. They look impressive and are easy to make.
100g (4oz) Dr. Oetker White Continental Chocolate
40ml (1½fl.oz) double cream
15g (½oz) unsalted butter
12.5ml (2½ tsp) brandy
175g (6oz) Dr. Oetker Plain Continental Chocolate
30ml (2 tbsp) Select Chocolate Vermicelli
1. Break the White Continental Chocolate into a heatproof bowl with the cream and butter and melt over a pan of barely simmering water.
2. Remove from the water and mix in the brandy.
3. Line a small mixing bowl with clear wrap and pour the chocolate mixture into it. Cool, then cover and chill for at least 2 hours until solid.
4. Turn out the chilled chocolate mixture and discard the clear wrap. Divide into 16 pieces, and working quickly, shape each piece into a round using 2 teaspoons. Place on a tray lined with greaseproof paper and chill for 30 minutes to firm.
5. Break the Plain Continental Chocolate into a heatproof bowl and melt as above. Remove from the bowl and cool for 15 minutes.
6. Gently toss one piece of the white chocolate filling in the melted chocolate to cover it completely.
7. Place on a tray lined with greaseproof paper and sprinkle over some of the Chocolate Vermicelli.
8. Repeat the coating process until all the truffles have been covered. Chill the truffles for about an hour to set, before serving.