12 Dr. Oetker Baking Cake Cases
50g (2oz) low fat spread
200g (7oz) plain flour
2 teasp Dr. Oetker Baking Powder
3 tbsp caster sugar
1 large egg
A few drops Dr. Oetker Natural Vanilla Extract
150ml (5fl.oz) skimmed milk
150g (5oz) frozen Summer berry mix
2 teasp icing sugar, to dust
1. Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4/ 180°C/ 350°F or 160°C for a fan assisted oven. Line 12 cup cake tins with cake cases.
2. Put the low fat spread in a small saucepan, cover and melt the over a very low heat; set aside to cool.
3. Sieve the flour, baking powder and sugar into a bowl and make a well in the centre.
4. Mix the egg, vanilla and milk together and pour into the well along with the melted low fat spread. Gradually mix the dry ingredients into the milk mixture to form a smooth batter.
5. Put the frozen berries in a clean food bag, and, holding the end, smash the berries using a rolling pin until lightly crushed. Fold into the cake batter and spoon into the cake cases.
6. Bake for 20-25 mins until risen, pale golden and firm to the touch. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
7. Dust lightly with icing sugar to serve.