Makes 12 fairy cakes
110g (4oz) butter or margarine
110g (4oz) caster sugar
2 medium size eggs
110g (4oz) self-raising flour, sieved
2-3 drops Dr. Oetker Natural Vanilla Extract
Dr. Oetker Fun Baking Cases
1 pack Dr. Oetker Ready to Use Fairy Cake Icing
300g (10oz) icing sugar
1 pack Dr. Oetker Wafer Daisies
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Place the Fun Baking Cases into a fairy cake baking tray .
2. Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in the eggs and the Natural Vanilla Extract. If the mixture starts to curdle, add a little flour. Fold in the remaining flour with a spoon.
3. Place spoonfuls of the mixture into the baking cases and bake for 10-15 minutes until well risen and firm to the touch.
4. Remove from the oven and leave to cool on a cooling rack. When cold, remove cakes from the cases.
5. For the icing choose a colour of Fairy Cake Icing , massage the pouch for a minute then snip the corner off and pour a small amount over each cake.
6. Alternatively , sift the icing sugar into a mixing bowl. Gradually add 6 to 8 tsp warm water to make a thick, smooth, spreadable icing and place a small amount on each cake.
7. Using a knife, spread the icing thickly over the fairy cakes so it runs slightly down the sides and top with a Dr. Oetker Wafer Daisy.