Create these beautiful cupcakes, topped with Dr. Oetker Easy Swirl Icings.
12 Dr. Oetker Cupcake Cases (Pink and Blue varieties)
165g 16(6oz) baking margarine, softened
165g (6oz) caster sugar
3 medium eggs, beaten
5ml (1 tsp) Dr. Oetker Natural Vanilla Extract
165g (6oz) plain flour
12.5ml (2.5 tsps) Dr. Oetker Baking Powder
Dr. Oetker Vanilla Flavour and Chocolate Flavour Easy Swirl Cupcake Icings
Dr. Oetker Sugar Butterflies, Soft Shimmer Pearls, Wafer Daisies, Soft Silver Pearls and Soft Gold Pearls
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan oven, 350 F, gas 4). Line a deep cupcake tin with pink and blue cupcake cases. In a mixing bowl, beat the margarine with the sugar until pale, and creamy-light in texture.
2. Gradually whisk in the eggs and vanilla extract then sift the flour and baking powder on top. Using a large metal spoon, carefully fold the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture.
3. Spoon mixture equally into 12 cake cases and bake on the middle shelf in the oven for 20-22 minutes until risen and just firm to the touch. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
4. Use the Dr. Oetker Vanilla Flavour Easy Swirl Cupcake Icing to decorate the cupcakes in the pink cases with gorgeous iced swirls. Hold the can at a downward horizontal angle to the cupcake, place your finger towards the tip of the nozzle and push firmly down to start the flow of the icing. Use the Chocolate Flavour Easy Swirl to decorate the cakes in the blue cases in the same way.
5. Finish by sprinkling Dr. Oetker decorations over the icing, serve and enjoy!