These pretty cupcakes are just made for tea with friends. They’re perfect served with a pot of freshly brewed tea for a relaxed summer afternoon.
Makes 12 cupcakes
110g (4oz) butter or margarine
110g (4oz) caster sugar
2 medium size eggs
75g (3oz) self-raising flour, sieved
2-3 drops Dr. Oetker Natural Vanilla Extract
Dr. Oetker Baking Cases
2 tbsp strawberry jam
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Place the baking cases into a cupcake tin.
2. Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in the eggs and the vanilla extract. If the mixture starts to curdle, add a little flour. Fold in the remaining flour with a spoon.
3. Place spoonfuls of the mixture into the baking cases and bake for 15-20 minutes until well risen and firm to the touch.
4. Remove from the oven and leave to cool on a cooling rack.
5. Whip the double cream intil it creates stiff peaks when lifting your whisk.
6. Spoon a teaspoon of whipped cream onto the cupcake. Arrange slices of fresh strawberries on to the cream.
7. Sieve the strawberry jam to remove all the seeds and add a couple of drops of water to create a smooth glaze. Brush over the strawberries to create the perfect glossy finish.