For the cake
175g (6oz) self-raising flour
1 tsp Dr. Oetker Bicarbonate of Soda
1 tsp Dr. Oetker Baking Powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp nutmeg
175g (6oz) caster sugar
3 medium size eggs
150ml (5 fl oz) light olive oil
175g (6oz) carrots – grated
50g (2oz) sultanas
50g (2oz) walnuts - chopped
For the filling
110g (4oz) cream cheese
110g (4oz) butter
450g (1lb) icing sugar
1 tsp Dr. Oetker Natural Vanilla Extract
1 tbsp milk
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/Gas Mark 4 and grease and line a 20cm (8 inch) loose bottomed cake tin.
2. In a large bowl, sieve together the flour, Bicarbonate of Soda, Baking Powder, spices and sugar.
3. Combine the eggs with the oil and add to the dry ingredient. Beat until smooth.
4. Add the carrots, sultanas and chopped nuts and mix well.
5. Pour into the tin and bake for approx. 55 minutes until firm to the touch.
6. Leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack.
7. To make the filling, put the cream cheese and butter into a large bowl and beat until smooth.
8. Add the Natural Vanilla Extract and the milk then gradually beat in the icing sugar.
9. When the cake has cooled completely, cut in half and sandwich together with half the filling. Spread remaining filling on top.
10. Add walnut halves to decorate.