This is our richest, chocolatiest, moistest cake ever. No one will be able to resist a slice.
For the Cake:
150g light muscovado sugar
150g plain flour
2 tsp Dr. Oetker Baking Powder
½ tsp Dr. Oetker Bicarbonate of Soda
2 medium eggs
142ml soured cream
2 tbsp golden syrup
1 tbsp Dr. Oetker Select Vanilla Extract
Dr. Oetker Wafer Daisies, to decorate
For the ganache:
150ml double cream
150g Dr. Oetker Continental Plain Chocolate
For the buttercream filling:
100g butter, softened
200g icing sugar
1 tsp Dr. Oetker Select Vanilla Extract
100g Dr. Oetker Continental Plain Chocolate, melted
1. Grease and line two 18cm sandwich tins. Heat the oven to gas mark 4/180°C. Cream the butter and sugar in a bowl, then sift in the dry ingredients.
2. Whisk together the eggs, soured cream, syrup and vanilla extract, then beat into the cake mix.
3. Divide between the tins and bake for 20-25 mins. Cool in the tins, then transfer to a cooling rack.
4. For the ganache, heat the double cream until hot, but not boiling; add the chocolate and leave to melt. Stir briefly until smooth and leave to cool.
5. Whisk all the buttercream ingredients together then use to sandwich the cakes. Cove the top and sides of cake with the ganache and decorate with wafer daisies.